ROTARACT EAST AFRICA IMPACT PROJECt
10th to 12th April 2020
What is REACT?
‘REACT’ is an abbreviation for Rotaract East Africa Impact; a regional Rotaract project that seeks to bring together Rotaractors from Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Congo, Ethiopia and Kenya for a joint service project as the CORE PURPOSE.
Secondary goals of REACT are to foster international friendship and understanding, showcase the diversity in the region and have fun as we serve our communities. Engage with us on the socials to learn more.
The Solio Edition
Since the first in 2013
Acre Resettlement scheme
Projects In the works
What to expect
This will be the 8th edition of REACT and is slotted to be held on 10th to 12th April, 2020 during the Easter weekend, as per tradition. It will be held in Nanyuki, Laikipa County, approximately 195 km from Nairobi (3.5 hours drive).
Solio, a 15,000 acre resettlement scheme located outside Nanyuki town will be the location for the Service Project(s). The service project(s) will be in partnership with The Rotary Club of Nanyuki and the Rotaract Club of Nairobi Parklands.
The Service Projects
After a joint needs assessment visit conducted by Members of the Rotary Club of Nanyuki, Rotaract Club of Nairobi Parklands and the REACT Local Organizing Committee, the following were identified as service projects that will be done leading up to and on the day of REACT (Saturday 11th April, 2020) :
- Rain water harvesting system and water storage tanks at Tetu DEB Primary School and DEB Solio Secondary School
- Tree planting at Tetu DEB Primary School and DEB Solio Secondary School
- An additional green house at Tetu DEB Primary School
- Ablution block, urinal and wash area at DEB Solio Secondary School
- Hand washing exercise at Tetu DEB Primary School and DEB Solio Secondary
- .Energy Saving large capacity Jikos at Tetu DEB Primary School and DEB Solio Secondary School
- Medical camp at Solio Health Center
For any inquiries please email
Mobile, WhatsApp or Telegram:
+254 780 808900 – Nicodemus, Director, Kenya
+254 723 717934 – Samantha, Committee Member